Saturday, September 05, 2015

September 5 birthdays

Today is my birthday.  When I used to do the "This Date in History" portion of this blog, I would list out the birthdays of famous folk.  I'm not famous, but here is the list of who is famous that I share this birthday with:

 Louis Quatorze, aka the Sun King.  I had forgotten we shared a birthday.  I'm of course much more enamored of Louis XVI as portrayed by the genius, Mel Brooks:


I did remember he was born on this day.  So much for honesty among Virgos.
One of the greatest players of all time.
Three Academy Awards for Best Motion Picture.  Wow.
Another genius.
Father of the very talented writer/actor Tracy Letts.  Husband of best-selling author Billie Letts.
His book Savage Inequalities should be required reading for every single politician.
Hit a home run to win the World Series and you'll be famous forever.  Of course, when you're a 10 time All-Star and 8 time Gold Glove winner, you're going to be famous anyway.
Why did he give up playing James Bond?  They wanted him back.  He just couldn't deal with it.
I've always had a crush on her.

I have loved that song from the first time I heard it.
Yet another 9/5 born genius!
Such an underrated actor.
She is gorgeous.  I grant that.
Gorgeous, talented and young.  And a polygot to boot.