Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Random Ponderings

I was awake when 9/11 was first shown on the news.  I was online and one of my online friends called me and told me to turn on CNN.  I was shocked.  I sat in disbelief.  In some ways I still have trouble believing the events of that day transpired.  It changed the world we live in.  We must always be vigilant and never forget.

* * *

When I saw the movie Sully today I was seated in seat F-18.  Should that have meaning?






I'm guessing C.M. Punk should have stuck to wrestling.  He gave MMA a great effort but he just doesn't have it.

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said the U. S. Senate does not HAVE to act on President Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland.  I don't like what she's saying but she's right.  This is a flaw in the Constitution that will probably never be repaired.

What this guy did in the video below deserves a punishment much harsher than the law calls for.


As many episodes of the original Law & Order as I've watched since I got out of the hospital in 2011, I still can't decide if Jill Hennesey or Angie Harmon is my favorite Assistant DA.

So Donald Trump wants to have the debate with no moderator.  If that ridiculous request were approved, the next thing he'd want is no Hillary at the debate.

Fans of the Dodgers have to be impressed by the new maturity and focus that Yasiel Puig has shown since being called up from the minors.

I had no idea that Manson Family murder victim Sharon Tate did 15 episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies, playing a secretary at the bank.

Two thumbs up to the NCAA for pulling championship events from North Carolina over its discriminatory anti-LGBT law HB2.

The secret video that wasn't included in the below scene from Dancing With the Stars where protesters rushed the stage while Ryan Lochte were tackled by security was the vote of the judges to award four 9s to the security guard's takedown.



I'm watching old episodes of Match Game from the late 1970s on the Game Show Network as I write this.  I wonder what the contestants who were on these shows think about them if they ever happen to watch them again.  I know I would not want to see myself again on Shop Till You Drop.