Saturday, February 11, 2017

Why Fandango.com sucks

Saturday is supposed to be a day off of work.  To help out one of my two office managers, I agreed to work a few hours to serve a client who usually sees a tax professional who is out on medical leave at the moment.  But I still had time to see a movie in the morning before work.

The film A United Kingdom opened in limited release on Friday and I wanted very much to see it.  There are only two theaters in L.A. and two in NYC showing the film.  One of the local theaters did not have a showing early enough, but the Arclight in Hollywood had one, according to Moviefone.  So I went to buy the ticket right then and there, which means using the Fandango ticket service.


Your Movie Adventure Awaits
CONFIRMATION NUMBER: WQRK8TQ
Get excited! You're going to the movies. Here are your order details.
A United Kingdom
1h 51m

Saturday, February 11, 2017
9:45am

ArcLight Hollywood View Map
6360 Sunset Blvd
Hollywood, CA 90028
323-464-1465


1 Adult
  

That is from the email confirmation I received.  So I got to the theater at 9:35 and went to the kiosk and printed out my ticket.  The problem was, the ticket was for a showing that began at 9:15.  I asked the ticket agent about it and when he asked where I purchased the ticket, he nodded.  Then he said "they are a third-party ticket broker and they do make mistakes.  Next time use our own website."

Believe me I will.  I will never again use Fandango.  I paid them a "convenience fee" of $1.50 for the convenience of not getting to see the movie I wanted to see.  Not very convenient.