Monday, February 18, 2013

The Courtship of Eddie's Father

was a TV series in the 1970s about a widower raising a young son who wanted his father to re-marry.  It's important at the moment because of it's theme song.  For those who never saw it and have never heard the tune:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCF7Dnov8vA

It talks about friendship.  Friends are so important.  Even though I don't always express it, I treasure my friends.  They're a big part of what makes life so wonderful.  When "Brian" (how appropriate) in the film "Mahogany" says "...success is nothing without someone you love to share it", he's referring to a romantic love.  But the statement applies to platonic relationships as well.  Not the love part, but about how the good things in life just aren't as good without someone to share the experiences with.  The taste of a victory at trivia, the awesome feeling a terrific film can engender; these are things that only improve when you're able to share them with others.  I don't mind going to a movie alone, but it isn't my preference.

In case you've been absent from my blog the past few days, I have had a bit of a tiff with some friends.  It's over and as far as I'm concerned, all is forgiven.  I hold no ill will.  I bear no grudges.  Friendships are far more important than differences of opinion.

I have enough bullshit to deal with between now and the end of April without stressing over that kind of stuff.  So I've put it behind me.  I'm moving on and planning to enjoy the company of my friends.  As for jerks who can't read no-smoking signs, I'll leave that to ATALFT and the next episode of that continuing serial.