Monday, December 31, 2012

What do I want to see happen in 2013??


Here is a short list of things I'd like to see happen next year.  They probably won't, but that doesn't mean I can't want them to happen.

I'd like to see a year go by without a single terrorist attack against anyone.  Unlikely, but it would be nice to see.

I'd like to see first-time fines for DUI offenses lowered, but for the purpose of making it affordable for those offenders to have the interlock equipment installed on their cars that would prevent them from ever again driving while drunk.  Far too many repeat offenders among drunk drivers.  This would prevent the problem.

I'm not a beauty pageant contestant, but world peace would be a good thing.  Having to find a way to employ all of the world's soldiers and people who make weapons and ammunition would be a good problem to have.

I'd like to go a whole year without having to encounter a homeless person.  Not because I don't like them or think badly of them.  I'd like to think we could have a whole year where no one was sleeping on the streets.  Again, unlikely but one can dream.

I'd like to see CEOs who value the work of every single employee in their company.  There are some, but not nearly enough.

I'd like to see the Dodgers in the World Series.  That has a good shot at coming to pass in 2013.  Yes, that's for personal gratification but I'm not the only one who would benefit from that.

I'd like to see a real solution to the problem of healthcare in the U.S.  Somewhere between the "rely on yourselves" and the "socialized medicine for all" is a position where everyone will have access to healthcare and we need to find it.

I'd like to get through one week without the cable's audio feed having a problem.  It seems to happen daily and it's happening as I write this.

I'd like to see every single resident of the place where I live here next New Year's Eve, safe and sound.  Even if some of them won't vote for my reelection next November.

I'd like to see all of my family and friends have a safe and prosperous 2013.

I'd like to make a ten letter word in Words With Friends.

I'd like to see scripted television begin to once again dominate television, replacing reality TV programming.  Except of course for the reality shows I like, like Storage Wars, Parking Wars, Deadliest Catch, Pawn Stars and a few others.

I'd like to see the film "Middle of Nowhere" get the recognition it deserves at Oscar time.

I'd like to see me win a great big lottery prize.  I know, selfish but sometimes you have to be at least a little selfish.

I'd like to see a year go by without a single mass shooting in the U.S. (or anywhere else in the world for that matter).

I'd like to see more interest in real news and less in entertainment news.  Even if that meant decreased opportunities for those who work in the entertainment news industry.  Maybe if we as a nation were more interested in fiscal cliffs than TV programming cliffhangers, it wouldn't have gotten as far as it did.

I'd like to see myself do more with the ideas of the Centrist Party than just blog about them.  Or at least I'd like to see me blogging a bit more about them.

And I'd like to see me doing a version of this blog for 2013 one year from now.